Welcome to our forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99
  1. #61
    Like It, Love it, Gotta Have It
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Corpus Christi
    Posts
    8,429

    Default

    In Sean's defense, he didn't say that he'd ever slapped a woman, only that he thought it would be merited in some situations. He said he didn't think it was good, but that it wasn't "that bad".

    Like I stated before, I'm not condoning a man hitting a woman - not at all. But I've been witness to arguments (way too many ) in which the wife verbally and emotionally provoked and pushed, knowing that the husband was losing control. In those situations both spouses were completely wrong, especially since there were children hearing everything.
    "Every life is complicated, every mind a kingdom of unmapped mysteries."

    Dean Koontz

  2. #62
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Annette View Post
    In Sean's defense, he didn't say that he'd ever slapped a woman, only that he thought it would be merited in some situations. He said he didn't think it was good, but that it wasn't "that bad".

    Like I stated before, I'm not condoning a man hitting a woman - not at all. But I've been witness to arguments (way too many ) in which the wife verbally and emotionally provoked and pushed, knowing that the husband was losing control. In those situations both spouses were completely wrong, especially since there were children hearing everything.
    That is where walking away and letting everybody cool off and think about it comes in.

    Or at least it should come in at that point.

    I deal with domestic violence cases all the time. And in the majority of cases both the abused person and the abuser had ample opportunities to walk away from the situation and should have been able to see that violence was pending long before it actually happened.

    There are women who definitely get a rush out of pushing and provoking a man to violence. I see that all the time too. And those are women who need to be back on the search for a new spouse.

    No man should ever stay with a female, like that, and continue to subject himself to constant baiting and badgering, any more than a woman should stay with a man who has violent tendencies and wants to use her as a punching bag or slapping block.

    I believe in "till death to us part" but I have come to understand that there is more than just a physical death that can make a marriage unlivable. There is emotional death and spiritual death as well.

    I have seen many domestic violence cases where it was obvious that the two people had stayed together long after they had thoroughly killed the spirit in each other. They were basically dead to each other and just beating each other up because they didn't know what else to do.

    In a case like that a separation is long overdue. And the first sign that a separation was necessary should have been when one raised a hand agaist the other for the first time.

    There is no excuse for violence in a relationship or marriage.
    Last edited by DeepSix; 05-19-2009 at 08:39 PM.
    DeepSix
    "What we've got here...... is failure to communicate..." -Strother Martin- Cool Hand Luke

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

  3. #63
    Like It, Love it, Gotta Have It
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Corpus Christi
    Posts
    8,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeepSix View Post
    That is where walking away and letting everybody cool off and think about it comes in.

    Or at least it should come in at that point.
    So true.


    Learning to resolve differences in a marriage takes discipline, self-control, and PRAYER! Esteem for your spouse goes a long way too.
    "Every life is complicated, every mind a kingdom of unmapped mysteries."

    Dean Koontz

  4. #64
    Like It, Love it, Gotta Have It
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Bahamas
    Posts
    10,929

    Default

    Deep6, thanks for taking this on like the Rainbow Coalition going after another corporation.

    Truth is, Sean was having a little fun with BabaWaWa, avowed lib and feminist.

    Connery is the Gold Standard and slapping women is hardly part of his reputation

    Quite the contrary.
    "When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line. The true Negro does not want integration."--Jerry Falwell

  5. #65
    Master of Fundamentalism
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    321

    Default

    I think Connery didn't care for Barbara's interviewing style (pushy, aggressive), so when she broadsided him with that old quote from twenty years prior, he wasn't about to back down on it. The quote was literally 20 years old, and he even had to think for a beat just to remember it. Then his pride boiled over and he defended the comment.

    It's doubtful that any of that reflects his life today.

  6. #66
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breslau View Post
    Deep6, thanks for taking this on like the Rainbow Coalition going after another corporation.

    Truth is, Sean was having a little fun with BabaWaWa, avowed lib and feminist.

    Connery is the Gold Standard and slapping women is hardly part of his reputation

    Quite the contrary.
    Ok

    But one thing to consider,.

    If I saw the video and took him seriously, then it's pretty certain that a lot of young men currently idolizing the image of Sean Connery will too. And they might think he is right. Sean Connery is an entertainer. He is hardly a Gold Standard for anything other than media and entertainment junkies.

    Bres, I deal with domestic violence cases every day. Some are deadly. So pardon me if I have a few strong feelings and opinions on this issue.

    What starts as a simple slap sometimes ends with a dead and eviserated body in a kitchen floor. It is not a matter to joke around with as far I am concerned any more than the issue of rape is.

    Rainbow Coalition?

    I'll edit what I originally wrote in this last sentence and just leave it at that.
    Last edited by DeepSix; 05-19-2009 at 09:38 PM.
    DeepSix
    "What we've got here...... is failure to communicate..." -Strother Martin- Cool Hand Luke

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

  7. #67
    Just Gettin' Started
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    26

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ashley View Post
    As ladies, we should submit to our husbands, but they should love us in return.
    I am not married, therefore, I do not know how hard this is in reality ...
    I do, however, know what God thinks about this ...

    18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

    19. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
    Colossians 3:18-19

    Husbands should be the man of the house, and not the woman, as God clearly states in His infallible Word.
    Since you are not married, let me try to give you some advice (as I see it)...

    Number one, I don't believe a husband should love his wife in return for submission, he should unconditionally as Christ loved the church (is the church perfect?)

    Number two, a REAL "man of the house" would under no circumstances hit his wife. The Bible (God's infallible Word) says in Eph 5 to be controlled by the Holy Spirit. That means daily asking the Lord to control your actions, thoughts and emotions. When a husband takes his leadership role seriouisly, he would realize that only through the power of the Holy Spirit he is able to run his home smoothly, love his wife and overcome angry outbursts. If he's the leader he should take responsibility for this.

    Number three, just because people think that a woman shouldn't be smacked around, doesn't mean that she's trying to be the "man of the house."

    Hope that helps, I just didn't want you getting married someday and thinking it was ok for you to let your husband hit you - it's not!

    PS- Get a REAL (and responsible) "man of the house" to start with and you won't have to worry about it.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In hiding in the Cleft of the Rock
    Posts
    5,872

    Default

    Any 'woman' who would push her man to unreasonable reactions is a woman who inwardly desires to BE a man or has no understanding of men in the first place.

    Any man who would LET his woman push him that far is spineless.

    That being said; SOME women NEED a good stinging slap across the face to remind them that they have a certain place in the order of things that they ought to be mindful of and not try to step out of it.

  9. #69
    Like It, Love it, Gotta Have It
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where the ladies of the Triple F are
    Posts
    8,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by preachinjail View Post
    Any 'woman' who would push her man to unreasonable reactions is a woman who inwardly desires to BE a man or has no understanding of men in the first place.

    Any man who would LET his woman push him that far is spineless.

    That being said; SOME women NEED a good stinging slap across the face to remind them that they have a certain place in the order of things that they ought to be mindful of and not try to step out of it.
    Her husband would then NEED a gut wrenching knee to the groin to remind him that it is not acceptable.

    There is no certain order of things to step out of. A husband and wife are one flesh. Get that through your head before you abuse any more women.
    DJ has a real command of her position. ~ John Mark

    "I a, a businessman that would never want a hillbillie stigma on me like that." ~ inthecloset

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *DJ* View Post
    Her husband would then NEED a gut wrenching knee to the groin to remind him that it is not acceptable.

    There is no certain order of things to step out of. A husband and wife are one flesh. Get that through your head before you abuse any more women.
    History, personal history.

    Remember the two ole boys selling watermelons?

    They would buy them for 50 cents a melon and sell them for 45 cents.

    They sold everyone they could get. The problem was they were losing money.

    Their solution?

    They bought a bigger truck.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,412,099,548.11318 seconds with 19 queries