Welcome to our forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Beka Horton

  1. #1
    Master of Fundamentalism
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    937

    Default Beka Horton

    Thanks a million to Beka Horton for turning Dr. Kent Hovind into the authorities. Hovind was doing a phenomenal job at cutting away the root of much wickedness in our world. I guess she sleeps better at night knowing that Dr. Kent Hovind will no longer be a threat to society.

    We are changing home school curriculum because of her foolish involvement in the charges brought against a true patriot. I don't want to pad their pockets any longer. She probably thinks John Bunyan was a menace to society as well.
    CHUCK BALDWIN FOR PRESIDENT! Legalize the Constitution
    http://baldwin2008.com/


  2. #2
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerProRanger
    Thanks a million to Beka Horton for turning Dr. Kent Hovind into the authorities. Hovind was doing a phenomenal job at cutting away the root of much wickedness in our world. I guess she sleeps better at night knowing that Dr. Kent Hovind will no longer be a threat to society.

    We are changing home school curriculum because of her foolish involvement in the charges brought against a true patriot. I don't want to pad their pockets any longer. She probably thinks John Bunyan was a menace to society as well.
    This is one situation with which I have mixed feelings. Yes, I am uneasy with the fact that the Hortons turned Hovind over to the authorities. The situation, however, is still understandable. Hovind's Dinosaur Adventure Land is very close in proximity to PCC. Because of this, and Hovind's prominent influence, many PCC students would be attracted to working there to pay for college tuition. The only problem with working there is the fact that Hovind was an ardent tax evasionist and actively encouraged his employees to do the same. So here you'd have a mess on your hands: a lot of PCC students learning tax evasion tactics and the blame, as far as prompting federal investigation, could fall on PCC. The Hortons did not allow PCC students to work there for precisely this reason.

    It's really a sad lose-lose situation. I have seen quite a few of Hovind's materials and appreciate his ministry goals, and have met him. But good or bad, there is a price to pay one way or the other for not following the law.


    Quotable quotes:
    Jesus Christ is the King James Bible, so your attempt to prove stucky wrong was in vain. -- EZBelieve
    This is a serious question; do you really think he is intestinally lying? -- onefaith
    I'm not now nor am I ever going to look any word from the Bible up in a greek or hebrew lexicon. -- Vander
    Obtuse? I have lost 20 lbs. -- IRONMAN

  3. #3
    Master of Fundamentalism
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    937

    Default Not understandable in my book.

    Quote Originally Posted by AresMan View Post
    The situation, however, is still understandable. .... But good or bad, there is a price to pay one way or the other for not following the law.
    Kent Hovind is fully persuaded in his mind that he is acting completely ethically. I agree that the government does not have any authority over the money dealings of the church. Most pastors folded many years ago and agreed to allow the government to control and require licenses. My dad was in the service and stood to speak against our church taking a license from the state. The church was scared and took the license anyhow. Churches across America folded to the pressure, and now the ACLU controls the church.

    The only area I disagree with Hovind is on the anatomy of the church. Hovind considered his ministry a church and I do not consider it a New Testament Church. However, he does have the right under the constitution to operate a church in the manner in which he did and the Government and the Hortons have a right to keep their noses out of it.

    There is no doubt in my mind, God is angry with the Hortons over their foolish actions. I also stopped my support of the "Christian Law Assocation." David Gibbs brought shame on the name of Christ as well.
    CHUCK BALDWIN FOR PRESIDENT! Legalize the Constitution
    http://baldwin2008.com/


  4. #4
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest Ohio
    Posts
    4,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerProRanger View Post
    ......now the ACLU controls the church.

    There is no doubt in my mind, God is angry with the Hortons over their foolish actions......
    These are 2 astonishing statements!

  5. #5
    Master of Fundamentalism
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    937

    Default A Must See

    [ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&hl=en[/ame]
    CHUCK BALDWIN FOR PRESIDENT! Legalize the Constitution
    http://baldwin2008.com/


  6. #6
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lviv Urkaine
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AresMan View Post
    This is one situation with which I have mixed feelings. Yes, I am uneasy with the fact that the Hortons turned Hovind over to the authorities. The situation, however, is still understandable. Hovind's Dinosaur Adventure Land is very close in proximity to PCC. Because of this, and Hovind's prominent influence, many PCC students would be attracted to working there to pay for college tuition. The only problem with working there is the fact that Hovind was an ardent tax evasionist and actively encouraged his employees to do the same. So here you'd have a mess on your hands: a lot of PCC students learning tax evasion tactics and the blame, as far as prompting federal investigation, could fall on PCC. The Hortons did not allow PCC students to work there for precisely this reason.

    It's really a sad lose-lose situation. I have seen quite a few of Hovind's materials and appreciate his ministry goals, and have met him. But good or bad, there is a price to pay one way or the other for not following the law.
    What about the fact that the Horton's wanted the land right next to their school. Just to think I was thinking of switching programs to theirs. But obviously I wil not use there program. Kind of reminds me of the people who turned the Jews in during WW2. I don't think it is anyone's business if someone else pays their taxes. They will stand before God for their actions.

  7. #7
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lviv Urkaine
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AresMan View Post
    This is one situation with which I have mixed feelings. Yes, I am uneasy with the fact that the Hortons turned Hovind over to the authorities. The situation, however, is still understandable. Hovind's Dinosaur Adventure Land is very close in proximity to PCC. Because of this, and Hovind's prominent influence, many PCC students would be attracted to working there to pay for college tuition. The only problem with working there is the fact that Hovind was an ardent tax evasionist and actively encouraged his employees to do the same. So here you'd have a mess on your hands: a lot of PCC students learning tax evasion tactics and the blame, as far as prompting federal investigation, could fall on PCC. The Hortons did not allow PCC students to work there for precisely this reason.

    It's really a sad lose-lose situation. I have seen quite a few of Hovind's materials and appreciate his ministry goals, and have met him. But good or bad, there is a price to pay one way or the other for not following the law.
    PCC students were not allowed to be there on the grounds.

  8. #8
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missionarywife View Post
    What about the fact that the Horton's wanted the land right next to their school. Just to think I was thinking of switching programs to theirs. But obviously I wil not use there program. Kind of reminds me of the people who turned the Jews in during WW2. I don't think it is anyone's business if someone else pays their taxes. They will stand before God for their actions.


    I'm no PCC defender, but I did spend six years there. The Hovind's "land" (house) is in the middle of a residential neighborhood that is not owned by the college. It is a large and unnecessary leap to assign that motive to them. There are a lot of other homeowners they would have to speed along to jail before they got their hands on Kent's coveted property.


    "At some sub-conscious level America and Europe reacted to the new post-war materialism of the 1950's in different ways. Europeans, realizing that materialism was incompatible with Christianity quietly ditched the religion. American's took the opposite course and changed the Christian message to suit their materialism."

  9. #9
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lviv Urkaine
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merely curt View Post
    I'm no PCC defender, but I did spend six years there. The Hovind's "land" (house) is in the middle of a residential neighborhood that is not owned by the college. It is a large and unnecessary leap to assign that motive to them. There are a lot of other homeowners they would have to speed along to jail before they got their hands on Kent's coveted property.
    Sorry I was there and have been on the property of both Hovinds and pcc. I know that they want the property. We lived in Pensacola.

  10. #10
    Fundamental Thinker
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missionarywife View Post
    Sorry I was there and have been on the property of both Hovinds and pcc. I know that they want the property. We lived in Pensacola.
    The Hortons told you that?


    "At some sub-conscious level America and Europe reacted to the new post-war materialism of the 1950's in different ways. Europeans, realizing that materialism was incompatible with Christianity quietly ditched the religion. American's took the opposite course and changed the Christian message to suit their materialism."

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,414,185,520.98261 seconds with 17 queries